[Linux-aus] Minutes of Council Face to Face, 8-9th March 2014, Hobart, Tasmania

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.it.consulting at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 00:02:00 EST 2014

On 10/04/14 22:45, Noel Butler wrote:

> You are trying to claim jurisdiction over what is entirely private
> corro between two people who may just happen to be members of LA - you
> can not do that, the first time you try "interfere" you may well find
> yourself on the wrong end of the legal system - if someone wanted to
> get narky.
>
> not to mention its the kinda thing only a communist dictatorship
> regime would come up with.

Noel, you raise some interesting points.
Not being a lawyer [*1] I referred to one, and she asks if you can point
to a precedent for your claim that an association revoking a membership
on the grounds of bad behaviour is illegal - or that the association
"trying" to mediate the complaint might be in breach of some law.

[*1] are you?
Do you know what she meant by "barrantry and nuisance"?  Obviously it
was a joke that went over my non-lawyer head :/

> On 09/04/2014 20:18, Joshua Hesketh wrote:
>
>> Hi Noel,
>> <snipped>

Kind regards