[Linux-aus] Minutes of Council Meeting 25 March 2014

Linux Australia Secretary secretary at linux.org.au
Wed Apr 2 22:30:51 EST 2014

    Council Minutes Tuesday 25 March 2014

MINUTES Council Meeting

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
2. Log any correspondence for discussion or receipt
3. Review state of action items from previous meetings
4. Discuss starred items
5. Note any unstarred items
6. Other business


    Check the Committee calendar in Google Docs

Present: Joshua Hesketh, Francois Marier, Josh Stewart, Sae Ra Germaine, 
Chris Neugebauer, Kathy Reid

Apologies: Hugh Blemings

Meeting opened 1949hrs

      1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or

Confirm that the accuracy of;


    Minutes of 25 February are correct

MOTION by Joshua Hesketh that the minutes of 25 Feb are correct

SECONDED Sae Ra Germaine

CARRIED unanimously


    Seek an update of the Council face to face meeting 8-9 March Minutes

UPDATE: Currently under review

ACTION: All Council to review minutes, communicate via email to ensure 
that they are accurate and that we're comfortable sending them out

ACTION: Kathy to ensure the minutes are appropriately formatted

2. Log of correspondence


    Quick stats


        There have been 6 new members added since last meeting.
        Membership stands at 3109 according to MemberDB


        Twitter followers stands at 720 (705 last minutes)


        Membership of linux-aus list stands at 585 (588 last minutes)


        Membership of announce list stands at 1568 (1569 last minutes)


    Request for Sponsorship from GEMMA DEVANADERA for DrupalCamp Manila
    UPDATE: Joshua has responded indicating we can provide in-kind support
    MOTION by Joshua that Linux Australia provide in kind support such
    as advice, website promotion etc.
    SECONDED by Chris Neugebauer
    CARRIED unanimously


    Request for update on TPP position paper from LEV LAFAYETTE
    representing LINUX USERS' VICTORIA
    UPDATE: In progress by Josh Stewart, close to completion and will be
    finalised this week.


    Videos from other events getting uploaded to YouTube raised by
    In progress, no further action at this time


    Offer of assistance with anti Trans Pacific Partnership agreement
    activities from PAUL GARDNER-STEPHEN
    UPDATE: Feedback was provided back to Josh S, for discussion on next


        Josh S Will add a comment about similarities with OSIA.


        Nearly ready to send.


    ENQUIRY from CYPRIEN GAY regarding a petition against being forced
    to buy an operating system when purchasing a computer
    FOR DISCUSSION on next action
    ACTION: Joshua Hesketh to action the enquiry and arrange to have the
    petition signed


    ENQUIRY from PETER LAWLER regarding prioritising distribution of
    conference videos in patent-unencumbered formats over non-free formats.



Encouragement for events to adopt unencumbered formats in progress.

      3. Review of action items from previous meetings

Mainly arising from Face to Face


    1. Finalise new list Code of Conduct (CoC).


    2. Review of the subcommittee policy is currently under way.

DISCUSSION: Council discussed the new Event Subcommittee policy at 
length, particularly the draft clauses around returning profits to Linux 
Australia. There was general consensus that the amount of profit 
expected is subjective and should be negotiated between Council and the 
Event Subcommittee. The new policy is being circulated throughout 
previous Ghosts for feedback and polishing. Current Events teams are 
generally comfortable with the new policy also.

ACTION: Review of the Subcommittee Policy is a high priority for all 
Council. All Council to review the new policy so that a motion to 
approve it can be moved on list.

      4. Items for discussion


        LCA2015 update


            Ghosts is scheduled for this coming weekend.


            Making good progress


        LCA2016 update


            Team is planning meetings and doing initial activities


        PyCon AU update


            CFPs now open. Chris Neugebauer meeting Clinton Roy in
            Montreal next week for further discussions. On track.


            ACTION: Chris to sort out taxation issue.


        Drupal South


            Was held last week, for discussion on wrap-up activities
            ACTION: Joshua go chase a post event wrap up / report


            Drupal South Melbourne is all set up bank-wise.


        Joomla Day Sydney
        Joshua H has an update
        ACTION: Josh to update website


        DrupalGov are looking at another event


        Global WordCamp people are in contact

      5. Items for noting

      6. Other business

      7. In camera

Nil discussed in camera

Meeting closed at 2044hrs  by Joshua Hesketh

Kathy Reid
Linux Australia

secretary at linux.org.au

Linux Australia Inc
GPO Box 4788
Sydney NSW 2001

ABN 56 987 117 479

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/attachments/20140402/70786e63/attachment-0001.htm 

More information about the linux-aus mailing list