[Linux-aus] Software Freedom Day, Saturday, September 21st.

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.it.consulting at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 09:37:54 EST 2013

On 13/09/13 08:50, Peter Lawler wrote:
> On 13/09/13 08:25, Glen Turner wrote:
>>> And if not, why not?
>> Your mail reads like some cadre at a North Korean institution trying to ensure the 'organic' celebration of Kim's birthday.
>>
> And your email sounds like some corporate shill who thinks that the
> reasons Australian FLOSS people aren't interested in Software Freedom
> Day is irrelevant to everything - particularly on a FLOSS advocacy mail
> list.
>
> Pete.

You (generously) confuse FOS-wit with shill. An easy mistake, they both
intend damage.
To the FOS-wit damage is an end in itself, generally a cry for attention
from the rightfully marginalized. The shill to support an agenda that
would have no merit unless it was the only agenda.

Or the FOS-wit was just trying to help build a mud house. In which case
the lolz will be replaced with indignation.

@lev
No plans for Canberra that I'm aware of. Usual bike-shed reasons(?).