[Linux-aus] Linux Australia newsletter call for articles

Bianca Gibson bianca.rachel.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 20:41:15 EST 2013

Hi Everyone,

You may remember in April the Linux Australia Autumn newsletter was
released. This was written jointly by the Media and Communications
Subcommittee and the Council, and received positive feedback. As a
volunteer and community oriented and run organisation, we’re seeking more
involvement in the future production of this newsletter. Without more
involvement, it is unlikely to be published on a regular basis.

In the new approach all members of our community are encouraged to
contribute regular or one off articles on topics they think the rest of our
community would like to hear about. Articles will then be collated and
released seasonally as a newsletter.

Ideas for topics include:

- What has been happening at your local users group or other relevant group?
- What happened at a conference you went to?
- What cool stuff have you been making?

- Walk us through some code you are working on

- Provide an opinion piece on something you’re passionate about

- What events are coming up?
- Profile on or interview with a community member
- Summary of linux-aus mailing list
- Other articles relevant to our community

Submissions and enquiries should be sent to media at linux.org.au

Cheers,
Linux Australia Council