[Linux-aus] Special support for women

Michael Van Delft michael at hybr.id.au
Thu Oct 31 14:36:09 EST 2013

I’d just like to say a quick thank you to Jessica Smith for her well
referenced email (I haven’t finished reading them yet) about the
subtle unconscious biases and to Kevin Maciunas and for His suggestion
that “we need a show that has strong female coders in it.”

While there have been lots other good emails and clearly some strong
views I found those two emails particularly insightful and thought
provoking.

--
Regards,
Michael

p.s. For what it’s worth and without wanting to give the conversation
too much more air, I support the affirmative action and think the
people who are running such programs are doing great work.