[Linux-aus] Special support for women

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Oct 30 12:41:46 EST 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-30 at 12:14 +1100, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
> There is, of course, a difference between a hiring decision and a
> decision to provide targetted support to the community. I'm not saying
> there's nothing worth discussing there, but just pointing out they are
> also different. The targetted support is designed to help build
> community and build the love of the game, so that when they get around
> to applying for the job, their heart *is* in it.

I guess since the anti discrimination act is finely embedded in my head,
it is my firm belief that favouritism can never be contemplated, let
alone displayed, and lets not forget some could demand to know where is
the same passion to get more kids involved since they are our true
future, more mature age persons, the elderly, and I could go on, so
we'll have to agree, to disagree on showing favouritism  :)

Cheers