[Linux-aus] grr

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Oct 19 18:08:07 EST 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Robyn Willison <robyn at robynspcs.com> wrote:
> Last year several people attended LCA that were hard of hearing. It
> would be good if a hearing loop in the larger auditoriums was working.

Last year we went out of our way to help people with special
requirements. There was a box on the registration form to request
various forms of assistance. I have just checked, and zero people
mentioned hearing aid loops or requiring audio assistance of any form
on the form. That's why we didn't provide a hearing aid loop -- no one
asked for one.

> There is one blind person who attends LCA and you could ask him what his
> requirements are and what he suggests.

On the other hand, the vision impaired delegate as well as a variety
of mobility impaired delegates did manage to tell us of their needs,
and we helped them as much as possible.

Cheers,
Michael