[Linux-aus] WordPress Melbourne Recording Equipment Grand

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 12:20:43 EST 2013

Hi Aaron,

On 11 October 2013 11:08, Aaron Rutley <aaron at elevenmedia.com.au> wrote:

> The equipment will be ‘owned’ by the community and managed by the organisers
> of the Melbourne WordPress meetup & made available to the group for other
> WordPress events.

My $0.02:

I would not be supportive of the grant as currently framed, primarily
because there is a greater opportunity for LA to support the recording
of other Melbourne-based user groups' talks.

A more appropriate request, in my opinion, would be for LA to have
recording/media gear available for use by relevant Melbourne-based
groups, and to make this available to the WordPress group as they need
it.

Such an approach would make the recording equipment available to other
affiliated Melbourne user groups, such as LUV, if they wanted it.

I would support the WordPress group managing the loan of this
equipment on behalf of LA; alternatively it could be managed by a
Melbourne-based member of the (proposed?) LA AV committee.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --