[Linux-aus] Minutes of Council Meeting 8 October 2013

Linux Australia Secretary secretary at linux.org.au
Wed Oct 9 22:48:48 EST 2013

Council Minutes Tuesday 08 October 2013

MINUTES Council Meeting

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
2. Log any correspondence for discussion or receipt
3. Review state of action items from previous meetings
4. Discuss starred items
5. Note any unstarred items
6. Other business

Meeting opened 1950hrs


Mr Josh Hesketh, Ms Kathy Reid, Ms Bianca Gibson, Mr Josh Stewart


Mr Hugh Blemings, Mr Clinton Roy, Mr Francois Marier

Quorum was achieved.

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata.

MOTION by JOSH HESKETH that the minutes from 24th September are correct. 
SECONDED by Bianca, passed unanimously.

2. Log of correspondence


    In the period since 24 September, 7 additional members have joined
    Linux Australia. Membership now stands at 2999according to MemberDB.


    MOTION proposed on list by KATHY REID pertaining to a quote received
    from ADAM ZAMMIT of ACSPRI in regard to the Linux Australia Member

    MOTION That the quote received from ACSPRI be accepted and that
    Kathy work in conjunction with ACSPRI to produce, administer and
    collate the Linux Australia member survey, total cost approx $6500

The motion was SECONDED by HUGH BLEMINGS and passed by a majority of 
Council on list.
No further action required


    MOTION proposed on list by KATHY REID pertaining to STIXCAMPGEMBROOK:

    MOTION by Kathy Reid that LA sponsor BarCampMelbourne for $500, key
    contact being BEN DECHRAI

    The motion was SECONDED by JOSH HESKETH and supported by JOSH

    Motion carried by a majority of Council


    GRANT application received from CHRIS NEUGEBAUER on behalf of the
    Pycon-AU organisting team. In summary the grant request is for LA to
    become a Sponsor of Pycon-US in order to fund Australian and NZ
    Python developers who may not otherwise have a chance to attend,
    grant requested is $3500.

    Chris has sent to linux-aus list for feedback.

    DEFERRED for discussion until after Community has a chance to


    Job posting enquiry from MADELEINE HERBERT
    Query has been responded to; no further action required at this time


    Innovation patent submission from BIANCA GIBSON was discussed at
    length and worked on collaboratively by several Council members.
    Submission was submitted to ACIP by deadline of 4th October.
    No further action required at this time.


    INVOICE received from SecurePay for $AUD395 for Verified by Visa
    ACTION: Francois is across this and will pay invoice


    2014 Regional Delegates Program.
    Discussion around the effort versus value of this Program.
    Discussion around whether we could find a volunteer to run the
    Program, given the capacity of Council is limited. Decision that we
    should defer renaming the Program until we know are going to run it
    ACTION: Bianca to contact the past volunteers to see if anyone is
    interested in running it again.

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

(Refer Trello for action items and please update current status before 

Enquiry from SASCHA GROß regarding UEFI secure boot
ACTION: Hugh to follow up with John Ferlito and identify next actions

ACTION: Josh Hesketh to follow up with PAUL SZYNDLER of auDA to identify 
current progress and any actions required. LA has not yet paid them the 
agreed sponsorship amount of $2000.

ACTION: Josh Hesketh to follow up calls for participation for Webteam

ACTION: Clinton to send Francois his Westpac customer number
Believed to be in progress.

Grant application from ANDREW DONNELAN for CompCon 2013 for travel 
expenses for ELENA WILLIAMS.
ACTION: Reimburse Elena for travel
Believed complete, requires double checking.

Correspondence regarding KENNARDS STORAGE

ACTION: Bianca to email LEV LAFAYETTE, have tapes sent to STEVE WALSH

ACTION: Kathy to find BSB and account number and finalise reimbursement
Action complete, can be removed next minutes
ACTION: Francois to confirm receipt of refund of approx $400

ACTION:Funds for the Malcolm Treddinick memorial to be arranged
DEFERRED for discussion with Francois.

DISCUSSION: Funding for SHAUN NYQUIST funding request. Request was 
previously approved.
ACTION: Francois to arrange payment.

4. Items for discussion


        LCA2014 update
        Some logistical issues to work through, otherwise progressing
        well. Speaker confirmations / rejections have been issued.
        Schedule likely to be released this week.


        LCA2015 bid submission update
        Auckland visit was conducted, Council anticipates making
        decision at next teleconf
        ACTION: Council to decide on 2015 host city
        DEFERRED for discussion until 22 October


        Drupal South
        Going well


        Drupal Gov
        ACTION: El Pres to contact LEANNE SHORB for post event wrap-up
        (Leanne to send update once invoices paid)


        Joomla Day Sydney
        Progressing well


        Open Food Web
        Progressing well, awaiting on software being available to work on

5. Items for noting

6. Other business

7. In camera

One item was discussed in camera

Meeting closed 2009hrs

Kathy Reid
Linux Australia

secretary at linux.org.au

Linux Australia Inc
GPO Box 4788
Sydney NSW 2001

ABN 56 987 117 479

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/attachments/20131009/f0d2fe37/attachment-0001.htm 

More information about the linux-aus mailing list