[Linux-aus] Declining nomination

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 13:29:20 EST 2013

Hi all,

I have been nominated by three people for the position of general member. I
am declining this year for the following reasons:

  (1) I don't have the time each week to commit
  (2) I have not been here very long at all
  (3) I don't have a clear understanding of what I would be achieving
  (4) I doubt there is much I can do on the committee that I can't do off it
  (5) There are clearly plenty of others available to help the cause

I'd like to thank those who nominated me. I very much like the idea of
being a part of the LA community, and I intend to do what I can in the
background, as time permits. I will consider running next year, if my
circumstances allow.

Best of luck to those people who have accepted the challenge of running for
one of the positions.

Regards,
-Tennessee Leeuwenburg