[Linux-aus] Candidate Statement: Christopher Neugebauer

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Wed Nov 20 16:11:59 EST 2013

I have been a member here for quite a few years and have seen a few
descents into childish bickering and flaming. But it seems to be gaining
in frequency recently.

I may not engage too often on the list but I do read a lot of what get
posted. And I am disappointed in what I am seeing. This is an advocacy
group not a IRC channel. It's supposed to be an imporfmation channel for
the FOSS comunity I love and believe in, not a bulletin board for teen
drama geeks.

I know there is always going to be an adversarial air when ever anything
that involves elections surface, but do we here have to lower ourselves
to the level of modern politicians? Can't we just ask questions without
the trite comments and snide remarks? Can't we reply without
trivialization and degeneration?

It makes me wonder if we are losing focus of why we are here in the
first place.

I will now shut up and go back to lurking.

Randall.

On 20/11/13 15:10, Noel Butler wrote:
> On 21/11/2013 00:53, Peter Lawler wrote:
>> On 20/11/2013 3:38 AM, Noel Butler wrote:
>>> LA should promote Linux and OSS, and not 98% of
>>> pycon rubbish
>> Silly me, I thought Python was a globally recognised Open Source
>> Software project, driving many other FLOSS projects and some not so
>> unknown closed projects.
>>
>> Care to fill me in on what I'm missing here?
>>
>> Pete.
> clap clap lil child, very clever selectively quoting to make  me appear
> to say something I did not , top of the class, fool.

*[* *Randall Crook ]*
35 Wilson CRS, Banks, ACT 2906
Phone: N/A Mob: N?A
Web: http://rsc.kicks-ass.net