[Linux-aus] Jackson's $150 hardware request

Andrew McDonnell andrew at andrewmcdonnell.net
Sun Nov 17 00:23:46 EST 2013

Hi Jackson

that case mod is seriously awesome... I hope you dont mind me holding your
work up as an example to my own son (nearly 13) as an example of what is
possible ;-)

<snipped>
> i'm 14 and have been an ubuntu member for 6 months now. I have built PCs
> since i was 12 and spent 2 years volunteering in an e-waste recycling
> centre too (I can't legally volunteer there now due to my age).
<snipped>

When I was 16 (into last century!) a metal recycler near where I lived opened
up a shopfront for a while selling 'recycled' computer parts, (in reality it
was already vintage gear then, let alone now, and  I cringe when I think about
the treasure that since went to landfill!) and the guy let me hang out for an
hour after school every week for a while just looking at all the stuff even
though I rarely bought anything.  Life seemed more relaxed then, no lawyers /
insurance used as an excuse for common sense...

Note, your wordpress seems to have the RSS feed in your Meta widget disabled?
Followers can use the feed to be notified of new posts in their app of choice

all the best, and keep it up!
Andrew

--

http://blog.oldcomputerjunk.net