[Linux-aus] Programs for education

David Lyon david.lyon at hackerpads.com
Tue Nov 5 10:29:12 EST 2013

Hi Greg,

On 2013-11-05 08:30, Greg Cockburn wrote:

> When you say "motherboard assembly" do you mean plugging a
>> give you the fundamentals of how computers work. Maybe they are done
>> in Electronic Engineering...

That's correct, yes. It's almost the last thing that a person learns
after 15 years in the education system.

I'm not necessarily inferring that there is anything wrong with that,
but one could imagine how different the education experience would be if
they started the six year old with "Ok, plug the PIC/AVR/ARM cpu in
there and press that button to flash the bootloader".

By the age of 8 they'd probably outgrow that environment and be onto
install a 'real' os like Linux.

Regards

David