[Linux-aus] Victim Impact Statement

Jessica Smith jessica at itgrrl.com
Sun Nov 3 17:59:21 EST 2013

Hi David,

Chronic depression is a terrible master, and as someone who has suffered
from both chronic depression and chronic anxiety for extended periods in my
life, I have deep empathy for anyone who is being ravaged by either.

I encourage you to find someone to seek support and counsel from as soon as
humanly possible. It is essential that anyone struggling with severe
depression, anxiety, and especially who is experiencing suicidal thoughts
is able to turn to someone they trust when in a crisis. The best option is
to engage with a professional counsellor, especially one that you're
already comfortable with if possible.

If you feel unsafe, please call Lifeline immediately on 13 11 14. You will
be able to speak to someone who is trained to help you and direct you to
further help. There is information about their resources on their website
at http://www.lifeline.org.au/

Regards,

Jessica