[Linux-aus] Programs for education

David Lyon david.lyon at hackerpads.com
Sat Nov 2 09:30:48 EST 2013

On 2013-11-01 09:49, Paul Shirren wrote:
> On 1/11/2013 6:42 am, Greg Cockburn wrote:
>> My interest lies in how to get my sons interested in the *right* side
>> of
>> the computer.
>
> If by right side you mean learning how things work, then Raspberry Pi
> or
> hardware hacking with stuff like Arduino are the way to go. See if
> they
> get into it or not. You can't force it, you either like tinkering with
> this stuff or you don't.

I recently upgraded my 8-bit car computer to Raspberry-Pi. There's
still a few things to do but I gave a talk on it at last months Sydney
Linux User Group:

  -
https://bitbucket.org/djlyon/cardashery/src/884a4c18f1b5abb4a4099d8f8893a9ca3d6eee95/RaspberryPi%20Car%20Computer.pdf?at=default

Linux Hacking is just as active now as ever.

Regards

David