[Linux-aus] Are you interested in being an Australian Internet Governance Forum Ambassador?

David Lyon david.lyon at hackerpads.com
Mon May 20 23:58:49 EST 2013

On 20.05.2013 09:18, Linux Australia Secretary wrote:

> The Forum is specifically looking for Ambassadors to lead discussions
> on
> areas of internet governance in which they are passionate, have an
> interest and in which they could convene a panel of subject matter
> experts to lead and contribute to debate and workshops. A small
> number
> of Ambassadors will be chosen to represent Australia at the global
> Internet Governance Forum in Bali later in the year.

Sorry to ask this, but is this related somehow to this:

  -
http://www.zdnet.com/au/australia-gripes-about-which-domains-suck-the-most-7000007768/

On the other side of the spectrum, people overseas ask why so many
complaints
are being made about the running of the Internet here.

Sorry if I'm not drinking the political cool-aid, but complain a lot
and get
a free trip to Bali - unless I'm missing something isn't really at all
promoting
Australia's Trade Interests a single bit.

Does the public really need 'more' governance given everything on the
internet
is already being monitored by govt departments anyway? Does lecturing
other
countries really help our international standing?