[Linux-aus] Council Minutes 14 March 2013

Linux Australia Secretary secretary at linux.org.au
Sat Mar 16 06:48:59 EST 2013

Hi everyone,
For your viewing pleasure please find below minutes of Council meeting 
14 March 2013,
As always your feedback and comments are warmly welcomed,
Kind regards,


Council Minutes Thursday 14th March 2013

Meeting opened 1950hrs

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
2. Log any correspondence for discussion or receipt
3. Review state of action items from previous meetings
4. Discuss starred items
5. Note any unstarred items
6. Other business

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
MOVE that the minutes from Council Face to Face 2-3rd March are correct
MOVED by Joshua Hesketh, passed unanimously

2. Log of correspondence

  * LCA2012 - Regional Delegates' Programme Report received from KYLIE

Council noted the thoroughness of the report. Council noted that the 
name 'Regional Delegates' may not be the ideal name for this programme 
in the future. Discussion that the report would make an ideal press 
release, and would be a good task to work with the Media Subcommitee.
ACTION: Clinton to forward on to Brianna Laugher of the Media 
Subcommittee after seeking permission from the authors.

  * LCA2015 - Expression of interest from LCA Auckland from CHERIE ELLIS

Council noted with thanks the expression of interest. Noted that Council 
needs to put together a timeline for bids. Council were pleased with the 
high number of expressions of interest.

  * Membership - In the period since last meeting 3rd March, there have
    been three (3) applications for membership of LA. These have all
    been approved. Membership stands at 2906 according to MemberDB.


  * Request for grant information from KIRSTEN LARSEN from OPENFOODWEB

Noted, information on Grants Programme has been provided. Council is 
awaiting further information from the grant applicants in line with the 
Grants Policy.

3. Review of action items from previous meetings


  * Has started transcribing AGM video for minutes
  * Has not spoken with SHAUN NYKVIST re his Grant request
  * Brianna has been granted access to the Media Portal on the Wiki

Joshua Hesketh

  * Will follow up MemberDB in the next week or so
  * Spoke with OSDC

Josh Stewart

  * Budget for Sydney Joomla Day Team - budget template has been done
    but awaiting sending this to Sydney Joomla Day Team
  * Budget template is in a pretty good start and has been sent to
    Hobart bid team.


  * Will take some of the generic action items


  * Need to chase James Iseppi re memberDB and linux.conf.au signups
  * ACTION: Kathy to add the manual workaround to process documentation
  * ACTION: Send Kathy your postal address
  * ACTION: Kathy to set up list of journalist and media contacts

Discussion around how we handle Action Items for Council Meetings so 
that we can more easily move through the agenda. Trello is really good 
for doing this. Update action items into doing and done columns. 
Discussion around doing, done column. Archive at phone conference. 
Discussion around whether we just add new action items into Trello.
DECISION: We are all happy to do this

4. Items for discussion

  * Awards

Council noted that awards and recognition is something that is an 
opportunity for improvement within the community. Many people work very 
hard in the community without a lot of recognition. Noted that awards is 
a difficult area to get right and to be consistent. Different levels of 
achievement should come with different levels of recognition.
DECISION: We will recognise achievements in the newsletter via the Media 
and Communications Subcommittee

  * Newsletter

Media and Comms Subcommittee are pretty keen and eager.
ACTION: Clinton to email admin team to set up the mailing list

  * Member survey

General discussion that this would be very valuable. Noted that the real 
value in the questions is having them static over a few years to 
identify trends. Discussion around whether we need to offer an incentive 
for filling in the survey. Discussion around having a Golden Ticket 
prize - ie all LA conferences for a year. Preference to use an open 
source survey tool. Noted that we should consult community on what 
questions should be in here. Discussion on having survey tool available 
for all conferences run under LA auspices.
ACTION: Clinton to send email to linux-aus to identify possible questions.

  * Member services


5. Items for noting

  * Ghosts in occurring in April, action list was reviewed
  * Discussion around LCA2014 budget and some amendments required
  * Joshua discussed further ties with OSDC. No actions arising.

6. Other business

  * Joshua Hesketh will be here for 28th March teleconf, but April is
    out, at least until mid-late April
  * Document Freedom Day - noted for 27th March
    ACTION: Kathy to write supporting statement and post through to
    Clinton and Bianca
  * Newsletter
    When should we aim to get one out - we don't want to impose
    deadlines on the Media and Communications Subcommittee. Would like
    to get this moving though.

NEXT MEETING 1945hrs Thursday 28th March

7. Items discussed in camera

2 items were discussed in camera.

Kathy Reid
Linux Australia

secretary at linux.org.au

Linux Australia Inc
GPO Box 4788
Sydney NSW 2001

ABN 56 987 117 479

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/attachments/20130316/58ef70be/attachment-0001.htm 

More information about the linux-aus mailing list