No subject

Fri Jun 28 20:03:03 EST 2013

"Most attendees will have different colored badge lanyards showing their
preference for photography:

   - Green: Photographs always okay
   - Yellow: Ask before photographing
   - Red: Photographs never okay, don=92t ask"

Lanyards are visible from front and back unless people tuck it in to
collars. It's not a perfect solution. It'd be a pain for photos of a wide
area, such as of the audience in a talk. I think it would reduce close
shots in which people are very easily identifiable without permission.

Our code of conduct says "If someone indicates they don't wish to be
photographed, respect that wish", but that doesn't help if you don't notice
them taking the photo. It's not practical to be constantly watching for
someone taking a photo.

Cheers,
Bianca

* http://sf.adacamp.org/attendee-information/policies/#photo

--089e0112cb565bc40604f063f75d

at LCA that I didn&#39;t know were taken I&#39;ve been thinking about wheth=
er LA should encourage it&#39;s conferences to adopt an Adacamp inspired ph=
otography policy. I&#39;m personally not bothered, but there have been time=
s when I would have been.<br>

olored badge lanyards showing their preference for photography:
yards are  visible from front and back unless people tuck it in to collars.=
 It&#39;s not a perfect solution. It&#39;d  be a pain for photos of a wide =
area, such as of the audience in a talk. I think it would reduce close shot=
s in which people are very easily identifiable without permission.</p>

someone indicates they don&#39;t wish to be photographed, respect that wish=
&quot;, but that doesn&#39;t  help if you don&#39;t notice them taking the =
photo. It&#39;s not practical to be constantly watching for someone taking =
a photo.</p>

rmation/policies/#photo">http://sf.adacamp.org/attendee-information/policie=

--089e0112cb565bc40604f063f75d--