[Linux-aus] NBN discussion - was Re: Political Recognition for Technology in Australia - was Re: Seeking feedback - EFA Citizens Not Suspects campaign

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Jun 30 14:21:47 EST 2013

People have been arguing about pricing structures and whether people
will want to switch to the NBN ("what they will already have, will meet
their wants, so they will not switch", etc).

One of the particular applications that I believe, is likely to expand,
once people become a bit more aware of the potential, is (high
definition) video calling and video conferencing.

Whlst this is (apparently) not yet available in the VOIP software
applications available for Debian Linux 6, it is, I believe, available
for Skype for Windows (and so, hopefully, it will be "only a matter of
time" before it becomes available in a relatively stable software
package for open source operating systems).