[Linux-aus] Seeking feedback - EFA Citizens Not Suspects campaign

Luke John luke.john at osmahi.com
Sun Jun 9 15:41:54 EST 2013

>> 2. The type and level of support you believe it would be appropriate to
>> provide - such as financial, in kind through raising awareness etc,
>> utilising the #DataRetention hashtag etc
>

> I don't really know if it's appropriate for Linux Australia to throw weight
> behind such a campaign, beyond conducting an awareness campaign to members
> (I'm not saying I have reservations about doing so, I just genuinely don't
> know whether it falls within the remit of the organisation). I think it's
> entirely appropriate to draw members' attention to the issues though.

I think if it's appropriate for Linux Australia to conduct an
awareness campaign for it's members, then it should also be
appropriate for Linux Australia to have a position on it, ie; the
proposals are concerning to our members, and so we support the EFA
campaign to educate more people about the issue.

Kind Regards
Luke John