[Linux-aus] Minutes of Council Meeting Thursday 4th July 2013

Linux Australia Secretary secretary at linux.org.au
Mon Jul 15 12:20:17 EST 2013

Hi everyone,
Minutes below - as always your comments, question and feedback are 
warmly welcomed.
Kind regards,

Council Minutes Thursday 4 July 2013

MINUTES Council Meeting

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
2. Log any correspondence for discussion or receipt
3. Review state of action items from previous meetings
4. Discuss starred items
5. Note any unstarred items
6. Other business

Meeting opened 1956hrs. Quorum was achieved.

Present: Mr Joshua 'El Presidente' Hesketh, Ms Kathy Reid, Mr Josh 
Stewart, Ms Bianca Gibson

Apologies: Mr Hugh Blemings, Mr Clinton Roy, Mr Francois Marier

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata

MOVE that the minutes from 20 June are correct
MOTION by El Presidente that minutes of 20 June are correct, SECONDED by 
Josh Stewart, carried with two abstentions.

2. Log of correspondence


    Discussions on mailing lists (specifically EFA support)
    MOTION by El Presidente that Council discuss options to progress
    support for the EFA Citizens Not Suspects campaign via email
    discussion to save time. SECONDED by Kathy, passed unanimously.


    ACTION: El Presidente to follow up with Clinton about this during


    Nomination of open source advocates proposed by DANIEL BLACK
    General discussion that Council should be supportive of this
    initiative, given that Daniel has volunteered to do much of the work
    around it; we should play an enabling role. Noted that the community
    has very high calibre candidates.
    DECISION: Council offers their in-principle support and would be
    happy to help review a submission, and subject to the nomination may
    choose to endorse the submission.
    ACTION: Bianca to liaise with Daniel to let him know of Council's


    Invoice from nconnects


        Billed automatically, no action required.

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

(Refer Trello for action items and please update current status before 


    Josh to follow up AUIGF with PAUL SZYNDLER


    Kathy to follow up submission of AGM minutes


    Kathy sent a note of support to bdale.

4. Items for discussion

a. Aus Government open document format

Josh Stewart has pretty much finished a document. Will polish and send 
to council for review before submissions.

c. Responses to call for participation and followup required ACTION: El 
Presidente to do a followup of webteam.

d. LCA2014 update

CFP's close this weekend!

e. LCA2015 bid process update

Closes the 8th of July. No action until then.
ACTION: Josh to follow up teams.

f. Pycon AU update

On tomorrow. Everything looks good.

g. Shaun Nyquist travel request

We approved. Josh to check with Clinton about status of further funding.

h. Media subcommittee and Newsletter update

No submissions. Need more.

i. Drupal South

j. Drupal Gov

k. Joomla Day Sydney

l. WordCamp Melb (wrap up)

No updates.

5. Items for noting

http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/- 100 odd days to go until Software 
Freedom Day

6. Other business

7. Items discussed IN CAMERA

Two items were discussed in camera and are not made public for reasons 
of confidentiality

Meeting closed 2018hrs

Kathy Reid
Linux Australia

secretary at linux.org.au

Linux Australia Inc
GPO Box 4788
Sydney NSW 2001

ABN 56 987 117 479

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.linux.org.au/pipermail/linux-aus/attachments/20130715/4f2017f5/attachment-0001.htm 

More information about the linux-aus mailing list