[Linux-aus] Optus Wireless USB Dongle

David Lyon david.lyon at hackerpads.com
Tue Jul 9 07:43:37 EST 2013

On 08.07.2013 03:28, Jeremy Visser wrote:

> Call me a skeptic, but I find it highly unlikely that installing a
> -dev
> package will magically get a 3G dongle working.
>
> Wouldn't there be, y'know, something afterwards?

What I found in the past, was the drivers to communicate with the
serial port in the modem were not present, or in libusb-dev.

Once the system had the drivers to communicate with the modem as a
serial port then the the connection wizard would then appear and you
would be asked to select the Telco and your plan.

David