[Linux-aus] NBN discussion

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Jul 2 14:50:07 EST 2013

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013, David Newall wrote:

> Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 23:23:06
> From: David Newall <davidn at davidnewall.com>
> To: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] NBN discussion
>
> Might I suggest that discussions about Skype, or products with other
> proprietary protocols, are not very interesting, particularly on a
> mailing-list devoted to open-systems?

Well, you can look at it, and the world, wearing things like some horses
wear, to give them an artificially narrow view of the world, or, you can
have a look, and actually see what is going on.

This list is named Linux Australia, which, supposedly, pertains to
the use of Linux in Australia.

If you had actually read the content of the messages, you would have
seen mention of the different VOIP software applicable to Linux in
Australia, including reference to what Skype runs on what Linux that is
and has been available in Australia.

But, if you, as an individual, want to impose restrictions on what can
be discussed on the list, including excluding discussions about software
that may or may not run on Linux, or, whether it runs effectively on
Linux, then, I trust that you are authorised as a List Administrator, to
impose restrictions that prevent people from discussing issues relating
to the use of Linux in Australia.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale