[Linux-aus] Linux, Open-Source and the young-people.

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Wed Jan 23 17:51:48 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM, David Lyon (Hackerpads) <
david.lyon at hackerpads.com> wrote:

> On 23.01.2013 00:55, Noel Butler wrote:
> > On Tue, 2013-01-22 at 18:17 -0500, David Lyon (Hackerpads)
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'd like to stand for council if the nominations are still open.
> >
> >  Nominations are well closed, voting has been underway for a few days
> > now, and has a week remaining IIRC, 30/1/13 is closure? I'm sure the
> > returning officer will verify.
>
> Oh well. I only joined this month as a member and if the process is
> as published I don't have a problem with the process.

I'd like to  pick up on what Alice said and actually encourage you to get
active with your agenda no matter what. The council is not elected to be
the only people doing stuff for the community - you should feel empowered
to pursue you goal even if you are not on the council, in particular since
the community has indicated broad support. You can always stand for the
council next year if you think it will enable you to better achieve the
stated goals.

Cheers,
Silvia.