[Linux-aus] Linux, Open-Source and the young-people.

maddog@li.org jonhall80 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 15 12:26:50 EST 2013

Hello,

I watch your mailing list from time to time, and noticed your desire to attract
young people....and you mentioned the Raspberry Pi.

I can tell you from personal experience that young people really like things like the Raspberry Pi and
the Arduino, to allow them to better understand electronics and building "real things".

Another thing you might consider is to reach out to non-Linux users and bring them into the fold.  Have a program segment for newbies and challenge members to bring
two Windows users to the next event.

Now I go back to lurking.

md