[Linux-aus] Request to form a new and on-going sub-committee for BarCampMelbourne

Ben Dechrai ben at dechrai.com
Sat Jan 12 21:28:00 EST 2013

Hi,

After a successful return of BarCampMelbourne in July last year, I would
like to apply to become an on-going sub-committee of LA for the purposes
of running all future BarCampMelbourne's (not just the upcoming one in
March).

The requested sub-committee name is "BarCampMelbourne" (no date this
time), and I will remain as coordinator, with Peter Lieverdink remaining
as treasurer. We also request access to a bank account that we can operate.

We do not seek funding as part of our application for a full-time
sub-committee; our first requirement is the bank account so that we may
receive funds from other sponsors.

I will be contacting previous BarCampMelbourne sponsors over the next
day or two and, based on previous events, expect to raise in excess of
$5,000 towards the event, and am aiming to raise over $7,000. We raised
$7,425 in sponsorship last year.

The estimated costs for this conference, based on last year's prices and
a moderate expectation of the number of attendees, is $6,274.65. To
mitigate against loss in the event sufficient sponsorship is not
obtained, we will be selling tickets to the event for $30 each. This
means the event will still break even with only $3,000 in sponsorship.
Assuming we reach our sponsorship targets, participants will get a
pro-rata refund, not exceeding the ticket price, to ensure any profit is
not from participant fees, in keeping with the spirit of BarCamp.

The budget is available at:
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j6swp6mxn9g1s2/budget.ods

For the convenience of the council, a text version of the budget is
included below for quick reference.

The next BarCampMelbourne will take place on the 16th and 17th of March.

Many thanks for your consideration,
Ben Dechrai

BarCampMelbourne2013 Budget

Expenses (inc GST)

Category        Description        Units      Each          Cost
Misc            Stationery           1      -$100.00      -$100.00
Misc            Groceries            1      -$100.00      -$100.00
Attendee item   Tshirts             49       -$17.55      -$859.95
Accommodation   Fri Orgs Beds        4       -$40.70      -$162.80
Catering        Fri Orgs Dinner      4       -$25.00      -$100.00
Category        Sat Orgs Breakfast   4        -$7.70       -$30.80
Catering        Sat Lunch           70       -$17.22    -$1,205.05
Catering        Sat Dinner          35       -$15.95      -$558.25
Accommodation   Sat Beds            18       -$40.70      -$732.60
Catering        Sun Breakfast       18        -$7.70      -$138.60
Catering        Sun Lunch           70       -$17.22    -$1,205.05

                                           Sub Total    -$5,193.10
                                                 GST      -$472.10

Income (inc GST)

Category        Description        Units      Each          Cost
Tickets                             70       $30.00      $2,100.00
Sponsorship     Platinum             1    $2,200.00      $2,200.00
Sponsorship     Gold                 1    $1,100.00      $1,100.00

                                           Sub Total     $5,400.00
                                                 GST       $490.91

                                             Balance       $206.90
                                                 GST        $18.81