[Linux-aus] Name change election results..

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:34:04 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM, James Polley <jamezpolley at gmail.com> wrote:

> 53 Leave Linux Australia's name unchanged
> 35 Open Source Australia (OSA)
> 23 Open Technology Australia (OTA)
>
> As the winner (both in first preferences and after distribution of
> preferences) was "Leave Linux Australia's name unchanged", the committee
> does not intend to take any further action on this at this time.

May I ask why the council made this decision?

The "Leave unchanged" option did not achieve a clear majority at any
of the stages of voting – there was a clear majority (3:1) in favour
of a name change by first preferences, and a clear majority in favour
in favour of a name change at the last stage of preference
distribution.

Given that the point of this election was just to narrow down a list
of candidates, not proceeding with such an election seems bizarre.

--Chris

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --