[Linux-aus] AGM, Election, Name Change & Rusty Wrench Award

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Wed Jan 2 18:18:11 EST 2013

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 09:51 +1100, Stewart Smith wrote:
> 2) it does most of what we wanted in election and membership software.

I haven't vetted the code there in several years, but having been both
elected to (several times) and retired from (at last, freedom!) the
board by the election code, I was satisfied on each occasion that the
result was correct.

Could we use something sexier? Sure. Would it be free and correct? Who
knows. Would it be cost effective? I doubt it. Does anyone really care
that much? Given that being on the board is such a massive biff on your
time, getting people to volunteer at all is an accomplishment. I'm not
that worried how they get rubber stamped into the job; I'd be just as
happy with "me too" votes on the mailing list. But we have the code that
Stewart kindly wrote; good enough for the job. More important things to
write, y'think?

AfC
Sydney