[Linux-aus] Professionals Australia (formerly APESMA)

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Wed Dec 18 00:49:26 EST 2013

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:15:36 Brenda Aynsley wrote:
> ACS does not promote itself as 'the sole rightful arbiter', we work
> collaboratively with many groups and recognise their role in the ICT
> ecosystem Paul.

A good way for the ACS to work collaboratively would be to lobby the
government to NOT require ACS certification for a visa.

Any organisation that wants government legislation protecting their status and
compelling people to join them is absolutely promoting itself as a sole
arbiter.

I think that there's no reason why Martin Ebourne <lists at ebourne.me.uk>
shouldn't have been granted a visa based on criteria that don't include ACS
certification.