[Linux-aus] Professionals Australia (formerly APESMA)

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Tue Dec 17 17:08:33 EST 2013

On 17/12/13 06:53, Mark Walkom wrote:
> There's SAGE-AU (of which I'm a member and also on the NSW exec).
>

> However ACS are trying to become the IT union of AU, and I don't believe
> we really need one run by them or anyone else.

er guys, a correction here.  ACS is NOT a union, never has been a union
and I doubt it ever will be a union.

The ACS (Australian Computer Society) is the recognised professional
association for those working in Information and Communications
Technology, seeking to raise the standing of ICT professionals and
represent their views to government, industry and the community. A
member of the Australian Council of Professions, the ACS is the guardian
of professional ethics and standards in the ICT sector, committed to
ensuring the beneficial use of ICT for all Australians. It provides both
members and non-members with opportunities for professional education,
networking and certification, as well as enabling them to contribute to
the development of their profession.

APESMA has always set itself up as a union

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS CP, ACS Honorary Life Member
ACS President-Elect

ACS Partnering for Success

Mobile:+61(0)412 662 988 || Phone:+61(0)8 7127 0107
Skype/Yahoo/Twitter: baynsley
Mobile when I am out of Australia: +372 5408 0036