[Linux-aus] LUV considering joining LA

Paul Gear paul at gear.dyndns.org
Sat Aug 24 09:08:33 EST 2013

On 08/24/2013 02:41 AM, Bret Busby wrote:
> But, I do not see the logic in a state body dissolving and forming as a
> subcommittee of a federal body.
>
> The closest analogy that comes to mind, is the scenario of a state
> government surrendering itself to the federal government, as dissolution
> of the state, with the state government giving control to the federal
> government.

I think a closer analogy would be a bunch of independent supermarkets
getting together to form an affiliation so that their purchasing power
can compete with large nationwide supermarkets.

I would assume this move is purely about efficiency and reducing
overheads in the areas of reporting, insurance, etc.

Paul

P.S. If we're not part of LUV, why bother questioning their logic anyway?