[Linux-aus] Grant Inquiry: Open Food Web Foundation

Luke John luke.john at osmahi.com
Wed Apr 10 23:17:05 EST 2013

Out of interest, what is collabco wiki? I cannot seem to find it from
googling.
Hi everyone,

As a new member of Linux Australia, I firstly say hello :)

Secondly, please find attached some information about our new organisation
(the Open Food Web Foundation) and a request for some support to get
established.

More information is in the attached document, but in summary we are an
Australian non-profit, established in October 2012 with the express aim to
develop, accumulate and protect open source knowledge, code, applications
and platforms for fair and sustainable food systems.

We are requesting assistance from Linux Australia, in the form of:

   - Infrastructure - potential VPS hosting of the OFW Foundation
   collaborative community, as well as production and development applications
   of Open Food Network software and sys admin support if possible /
   appropriate; and
   - $2,000 for developer time to translate and set-up the CollabCo system
   for our organisation. We will then have a collaborative online space from
   which to build the Open Food Web Foundation community and projects (see
   attached explanation).

We anticipate that the second item would be completed and launched within
two months. We will prominently acknowledge Linux Australia as a partner on
the website and provide the link to the Linux user group.

Thanks to those who have provided guidance and support so far, and we look
forward to comments and suggestions from others

Regards,
Kirsten
Director, Open Food Web Foundation