[Linux-aus] LCA2013 Open Programming Miniconf CFP now open!

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:44:13 EST 2012

(Apologies for cross-posting messages here; likewise, if you are aware
of a relevant developer mailing list that has not received this
message, feel free to forward it on.)

TL;DR -- submit a proposal at http://tinyurl.com/opm2013-cfp
before the first round closes on Monday 29 October 2012.

***

I'm pleased to announce that The Open Programming Miniconf -- a
fixture for application developers attending Linux.conf.au since 2010
-- is returning as part of Linux.conf.au 2013, to be held in January
at the Australian National University in Canberra.  The Miniconf is an
opportunity for presenters of all experience levels to share their
experiences in in application development using free and open source
development tools.

The 2013 Open Programming Miniconf invites proposals for 25-minute
presentations on topics relating to the development of excellent Free
and Open Source Software applications.  In particular, the Miniconf
invites presentations that focus on sharing techniques, best practices
and values which are applicable to developers of all Open Source
programming languages.

In the past, topics have included:
- Recent developments in Open Source programming languages ("State of
the language"-type talks)
- Tools that support application development
- Coding applications with cool new libraries, languages, and frameworks
- Demonstrating the use of novel programming

If you want an idea of what sort of presentations we have included in
the past, take a look at our past programmes:
- 2012: http://lca2012.linux.org.au/wiki/index.php/Miniconfs/OpenProgramming
- 2011: http://lca2011.linux.org.au/programme/schedule/monday
- 2010: http://www.lca2010.org.nz/wiki/Miniconfs/Open_Programming_Languages

To submit a proposal, visit http://tinyurl.com/opm2013-cfp and
fill out the form as required.  The CFP will remain open indefinitely,
but the first round of acceptances will not be sent until Monday 29
October 2012.

OPM2013 is part of Linux.conf.au 2013, being held at the Australian
National University, Canberra in January 2013.  Further enquiries can
be directed to Christopher Neugebauer via e-mail (
chris at neugebauer.id.au ) or via twitter ( @chrisjrn ).

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Jabber: chrisjrn at gmail.com -- IRC: chrisjrn on irc.freenode.net --