[Linux-aus] LCA2014 update update - what can we do to reduce workload?

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Wed Sep 5 10:24:28 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 09:51 +1000, Joshua Hesketh wrote:

> Basically the arrangement I iterated to the agency is that we will
> provide a list of names and dates with their departure and destination
> cities. They will then work out a quote for getting the traveller more
> or less directly between those locations. Once we approve this the agent
> will then discuss directly with the traveller the logistics what they
> would like to do (much like they would any client of theirs). Travellers
> are welcome to make any arrangements they like with the agent (eg dates
> etc) but if they differ from being somewhat direct (eg they'd like a
> layover somewhere) then the traveller pays the difference from what was
> originally quoted to us (and the agency should be able to invoice both
> the traveller and us fairly).
>
> I hope this makes sense. Clearly this year will be a bit of a trial run
> but so far we've had very positive experiences. We've used the agency
> for ghosts, zookeepr hackfest and PyCon AU travellers with no fuss.

This is also the approach we used for LCA2010, hopefully there weren't
any issues (I didn't hear of any). Certainly made life much simpler from
our point of view! I do know that some people upgraded their flights and
paid the difference.

Obviously we used a different travel agent, one in Wellington. :)

Cheers!

--
Andrew Ruthven
Wellington, New Zealand