[Linux-aus] LCA2014 - Next steps to get it done?

Michael Davies michael at the-davies.net
Tue Sep 4 15:41:02 EST 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Anthony Towns <aj at erisian.com.au> wrote:

>  - include the teams in the decision making for the final round of
> bids rather than just the council/ghosts; we're all meant to be one
> big community and, at least in the past, teams have been okay with
> saying things like "oh, okay, give it to Adelaide this year, we'll try
> again next year".

FWIW, that kind of happened with Adelaide in 2004.  We were in Perth for
LCA2003, in a meeting room, representatives from both Canberra and Adelaide
bid teams and Linux Australia exec, we gave our pitches and Steve Hanley
(Canberra team) offered it to Adelaide for 2004 and indicating that they'd
go for 2005.

It ended up in a good result too - Steve lurked on our mailing list all
thru to LCA2004 offering tips, and I lurked on their mailing list in the
lead up to LCA2005.  And the extra bonus was that we still share gelato
annually at each LCA as a result :-)
Michael Davies   michael at the-davies.net