[Linux-aus] Minutes

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Wed Oct 31 09:42:07 EST 2012

Documentation (including minutes) generally sucks, and when you're busy
it's an extra PITA. I think everyone's trying to be helpful by
suggesting minutes/agenda templates, when it might actually be person
power that's the root cause. Many hands = light work.

Would it help the Council to have a neutral, non-voting,
non-contributing assistant take minutes? This might help by letting
members discuss, reach decisions etc, while the actual documentation is
delegated, then (for example) submitted to Secretary for
review/publication.

(Yes, I'm happy to do this for a couple of months to see if it helps)

Trying to be polite & helpful [1] :-)

[1] Ref: LinuxChix

Kind regards,
K.