[Linux-aus] Geelong Linux and Open Source Meet Thursday 29th November

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Sun Nov 25 22:02:44 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

This has gone out to the main Victorian and the local Geelong mailing
lists, but not sure if there are any linux-aus list members who are in
the Geelong region who may be interested but who aren't subscribed to
these lists.

Will post details here just this once, but if you're around Geelong
please be aware we're starting up a LUG :-)

Kind regards,
K.

---

Hi everyone,

There's been some interest in a Geelong group meeting face to face, which
is fantastic. The lovely people at the Uni have been kind enough to give
us a room (without charge yay!) for the evening, so you're all warmly
invited to meet, catch up and share your favourite open source and Linux
news, stories and opinions.

Three people have confirmed so far (thanks for confirming) so if you're
coming please let me know so that beer and pizza can be specced
appropriately :-) Not being a beer drinker (blasphemy I hear you cry!),
your recommendations are sought. Pizza preferences or unpreferences also
sought.

Unfortunately no-one's volunteered to present (yet), so if anyone would
like to take the floor please just sing out. It's a nice presentation
space, with VGA connectors, dual projectors etc. You're welcome to bring
hardware or show and tell with you (like Raspberry Pis etc), soldering kit
might be pushing it, but let's see how we go!

WHERE
Deakin University Waterfront Room AD5.004, Central Geelong

WHEN
Thursday 29th November 6pm (for a 6.30pm start) till around 8pm or until
we're bored

WHAT
Beer and pizza. Let Kathy know if you have special requirements.
Presentations (hopefully) or just meeting face to face.

HOW TO GET THERE
This Google Map best explains how to get there.
Use the Cunningham Street entrance to get to room AD5.004.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=201841023461449781249.0004cf10bb40a532202e1&msa=0&ll=-38.143265,144.356264&spn=0.003557,0.006968

If you can't get into the building, ring Kathy on 0418 130 636.

Kathy Reid
@KathyReid on Twitter, Identi.ca, IRC etc
(61) 418 130 636