[Linux-aus] Request for Grant under the Linux Australia Grants Program: UK Open Standards Consultation

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Thu May 10 11:09:36 EST 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:28:41AM +0930, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> On Tue, 08 May 2012 23:02:00 +1000
> Brendan Scott <lists at opensourcelaw.biz> wrote:
> > Request for Grant under the Linux Australia Grants Program
> >
> > **** Date: 8 May 2012
> >
> > **** Project Name:
> > Submission to UK Cabinet Office Open Standards Consultation
> > http://consultation.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/openstandards/
> >
> > **** Aim of the Project:
> > Produce a short submission to the UK Cabinet Office Open Standards
> > Consultation
> >

> I think this would be a great thing to fund. Open Standards are
> extremely important for our community.

I tend to agree, if the UK ruling will have an effect on the Australian
government (as seems likely) it is a good idea to help it along in the
preferred direction by submitting. Sounds like a good use of LA funds.

	See You
	    Steve

> Chris
> --
> cyeoh at ozlabs.org

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
every other song someones trying to write, angels into the world
every grace every ace every near miss, every decent kiss by a pretty girl
   Cloud Blood - To The Teeth - Ani