[Linux-aus] libre aus

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Tue May 1 06:29:35 EST 2012

Most sensible sugestion I have heard so far. It has my vote.
--
Randall.

Dave Davey <daved at windclimber.id.au> wrote:

The discussion about names seems to often lead to the point that trying
to encompass everything relevant in a name and/or byline leads to
long names that could be as much of a problem in future.

A name that does not contain too information might be the answer. I think
the points about meaningless brand names like "Sony" or "Epson" are strong.
By analogy to "libre planet", what about "libre australia". A transition
from linux-aus to libre-aus might minimise the pain of rebranding, avoid
the difficulties associated with the words "open" and "free", and the
abbreviation LA would still apply.

Dave

--
David F. Davey