[Linux-aus] Calling for Proposals - PyCon APAC 2012

Liew Beng Keat liew_beng_keat at rp.edu.sg
Mon Mar 12 15:48:21 EST 2012

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CD004D.C8925F10]

On behalf of PyCon Asia Pacific 2012, this is our second Call for Proposals for Presentations and Tutorials.  PyCon APAC will be held in Singapore from the 7th - 9th June 2012.

Our keynotes for this year are :

*         Alex Martelli (author of "Python in a Nutshell", co-author of "Python Cookbook")

*         Anna Ravenscroft (first woman member of the Python Software Foundation and co-author of "Python Cookbook")

*         Richard Jones (Organizer of the Biannual Python Game Programming Challenge, PyWeek and helped create the Pyglet Game and Multimedia Framework)

Suitable topics include, but are not limited to :

*       Web Programming (e.g Django, Pylons, Web2Py, TurboGears)

*         Python in Education, Science and Maths

*         Business and Scientific Applications

*         Python Libraries and Extensions

*         Embedding and Extending Python

*         Game Programming

*         GUI Programming

*         Network Programming

*         Packaging Issues

*         Programming Tools

*         Project Best Practices

*         System Administration

*         Python Implementations: IronPython, Jython, PyPy and Stackless.

If you work with/in any of the above areas, we would love to hear from you. More details can be found at http://apac.pycon.org. Specifically for presentations, I've attached the proposal template here for your ease.

The submission deadline is the 1st April 2012. We need and look forward to your submissions.

Regards
Liew Beng Keat
On behalf of PyCon APAC 2012

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message. Thank you.