[Linux-aus] PLUG Meeting Tuesday 12th June : Simon Elisha, from Amazon Web Services

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Fri Jun 8 14:39:19 EST 2012

Hello all,

Thanks to all who turned up on Wednesday at SpaceCubed (45 St Georges
Tce). Around 80 people from the Perth tech groups turned up: there were
two talks on collaboration & development, and the attendees mingled and
chatted, before the PLUGGers (and other groups) took a meeting room for
our own discussions (userconf, SFD, etc). I think we're on again at
SpaceCubed for next month - so keep an eye on the PLUG calendar (it's
not there yet, we'll confirm first).

Next Tuesday is our regular presentation slot (2nd Tuesday of the
month): we're at *City West Lotteries House, 2 Delhi St, West Perth*,
with the talk starting at *7pm WST* -- be there before 6:30pm to get a
seat. Our guest this month is *Simon Elisha*, from Amazon Web Services
(AWS), flying in from Melbourne for us to talk about the *Amazon Cloud*.

City West Lotteries House (CWLH) is located next to the West Perth Train
Station. There is free street parking after 5:30 or so. When you arrive,
go down the ramp, and then a U-turn back to the conference room. Map to
CWLH: http://goo.gl/maps/OZVy

For those unable to make the meeting, the talk should be recorded (for
download at a later date), and hopefully streamed live at our usual
server http://icecast.plug.org.au/, with IRC chat on #PLUG on
irc.plug.org.au (GimpNet). For those interstate or overseas, the live
stream should be up just before *noon UTC, 9pm AEST*.

Remember PLUG talks are (/generally/[1]) free to attend - bring along
some friends or colleagues who would like to know more. PLUG membership,
if you would like to show your support, is $20/year ($10/year
concession) and helps keep PLUG operating as a registered non-profit
association (including hiring the meeting room at CWLH). If you'd like
to join or renew a lapsed membership, please visit
http://www.plug.org.au/membership. You can also help PLUG by forwarding
this message on to other groups you may be aware of who may be
interested in attending.

For those playing along with IPv6 this week
(http://www.worldipv6day.org/), our Icecast server is on IPv6 (as well
as IPv4).

See you Tuesday evening.

  James
[1] We only ticketed and charged once, to fly a speaker in to Perth on
our collected funds; it was a huge success, and we may do it again...
but its /normally /free
--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>