[Linux-aus] LA Name Change - the process

David Newall david at davidnewall.com
Fri Jul 20 13:38:44 EST 2012

Look at our budget: It shows Linux advocacy.  Out of a total income of
$67K, _linux.conf.au's_ surplus is expected to contribute $50K.

Obviously and necessarily our interests extend beyond Linux, but they
are not interesting to all members like Linux is.  For example, while I
am disinterested in the demographics of programmers, for others of us it
is important.

Frankly, one of the ways we advocate for Linux is by taking the time and
effort to explain to potential Python sponsors about the importance of
UNIX and Linux to all free-software.  Don't complain about it; embrace it.