[Linux-aus] LA Name Change - the process

Gary Allpike gary at allpikes.com.au
Fri Jul 13 17:10:38 EST 2012

Hear hear!!

From: linux-aus-bounces at lists.linux.org.au
[mailto:linux-aus-bounces at lists.linux.org.au] On Behalf Of Brent Wallis
Sent: Friday, 13 July 2012 3:00 PM
To: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] LA Name Change - the process

Hi

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM, James Polley <jamezpolley at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Brent Wallis <brent.wallis at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Bianca Gibson
<bianca.rachel.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:

On 12 July 2012 11:46, Gary Allpike <gary at allpikes.com.au> wrote:
<snip>

 PS: As the person that first registered the entity "Linux Australia" - It
was a Western Australian Registered business name to facilitate the running
of CALU before the organisation was registered in NSW - If you don't want it
any more I'm more than happy to have it back!!

Damn...I claimed dibs in the first few posts ... but recognise and bow to
your "firstness foo... "

This was brought up in the previous discussion, if there is a name change
then <new name> would retain the LA name.

That really sux...you don't like it but want to keep it.

I would call that squatting!

How about this as an alternative:

How bout if those that think the LA name is bad for them just run off and
start their own org?

IMHO there is a pathetic and frankly sickening political agenda at play here
specifically designed to elicit extreme response that can be pointed to as
being "anti open whatever" . Seems some just want to ride the back of and
crush ...what has been and will continue to be a successful org....called
LINUX AUSTRALIA.

In short, I call on  those that are buzzing out this name change
spin/script/meme/"pointy at the constitution wanky"  just go and play with
their own toys!

Set up your own org, spend your own time and effort to create what you want.

Leave LA alone!

Stop the hijack!

I can't tell if this post is in favour of a name change or against it..

*sigh*

This little fish has already had something to eat.

BW