[Linux-aus] Spaghetti at the wall: LCA thoughts

James Polley jamezpolley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:43:43 EST 2012

Speaking purely as an LA member, and reserving the right to object to this
idea when I switch to my LA committee member hat...

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM, Russell Stuart <
russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au> wrote:

> But if an LCA team does have something vaguely suitable, spending a few $K
> on
> hiring furniture and buying games to it work would be an excellent
> investment IMHO.

I don't see why this needs to be the LCA team. LA has a grants budget;
which, according to the treasurers report at the AGM, goes largely
unallocated each year. *If* someone steps up to run this, and *if* they
apply for a grant for funding, and *if* the community feels that this is a
good use of LA's resources...