[Linux-aus] 2012 Council By-Election

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Tue Jan 24 12:00:29 EST 2012

Hi all,

As you know, an OCM position was left unfilled after our recent council election, the results of which were announced at our annual general meeting on January 18, 2012. After multiple nominations were received from the floor tt this meeting, it was resolved that Linux Australia would fill the vacant position by running an online by-election.

=== Nominations ===

The by-election has been set up in MemberDB and the nominations proposed and accepted at the AGM have been added in. The nominees have been asked to accept their nominations and add a spiel.

Note that MemberDB nominations are *open* for this election, so if you also want to stand for OCM but haven't yet been nominated, you can add yourself or cause yourself to be added. Nominations will close at midnight (EST) on January 30th - just under one week from now.

Access the election in MemberDB at:

https://www.linux.org.au/membership/index.php?page=view-election&id=16

=== Election Timeline ===

   Nominations Open:  2012-01-18 00:00:00
   Nominations Close: 2012-01-30 23:59:59
   Voting Open:       2012-02-01 00:00:00
   Voting Close:      2012-02-08 23:59:59
   Results:           2012-02-09 10:00:00

IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR NOMINATION BEFORE MIDNIGHT 30 JANUARY 2012, YOU CANNOT BE A CANDIDATE IN THIS ELECTION

=== Important Information ===

According to our constitution, an un-filled position after an election is a casual vacancy. Our constitution makes no provision for holding elections to fill casual vacancies on the council. In case of casual vacancies, the council may appoint a member of the organisation to fill this vacancy.

This means that the results of this election are constitutionally non-binding and that the council is choosing to let the results of this election inform its decision about whom to appoint to fill the casual vacancy.