[Linux-aus] Annual General Meeting & 2012 Council Election

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Mon Jan 9 17:24:24 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-08 at 11:44 +1100, Peter Lieverdink wrote:

> == Election ==

I would like to propose that the candidate who gets the most votes
nominated for Ordinary Committee Member be given a Free Beer™

        [did we actually need a ballot when number of candidates ==
        number of positions? Oh well. Notwithstanding the fact that I'm
        well on record as recommending a self-propagating board
        structure rather than an elected one,]

We all appreciate those who volunteer their time and are brave enough to
stick up their hands as candidates. Congratulations seems the wrong
word, so, Many Thanks to the Committee / Board / Council / Cabal /
Cabinet / Coven / Circle / Whatever-we-call-it-this-year Members for
their service.

AfC
Sydney