[Linux-aus] Grant Application - Gold Coast Tech Space

Kathy Reid kathy at kathyreid.id.au
Thu Feb 9 22:15:34 EST 2012

I strongly support this grant application on the following grounds;

1. Steve has a strong track record, and has organised several (I think
they're up to 7?) BarCamps at the Gold Coast / Brisbane.

2. The Gold Coast is a regional area, and although well populated it would
be great to FOSSter (haha) more open source communities in regional areas.

3. The planning and community support around this appears strong - Steve
already has other partners on board, and Linux Australia would not be the
only supporter.

4. LCA has never been held on the Gold Coast. An active LUG is usually a
prerequisite to being able to hold LCA somewhere.

5. Open hardware is huge - there's clearly a need for more support of open
hardware in the community.

Kind regards,
Kathy