[Linux-aus] AGM, Election, Name Change & Rusty Wrench Award

Russell Stuart russell-linuxaus at stuart.id.au
Mon Dec 17 09:41:00 EST 2012

On Sat, 2012-12-15 at 19:21 +1100, David Newall wrote:
> > MemberDB uses Australian-style instant runoff voting.
>
> Pardon me, that means nothing to me.  I was seeking a comprehensive
> description of the process; an algorithm, if you will.

Instant Run Off is described comprehensively on Wikipedia, which is the
first hit google "Instant Run Off".  It is also described numerous
Australian government web sites as it is the voting system we use.  I
doubt anybody here could do a better job of describing it than those
sites.

If you want something even more details, look up MemberDb's source
yourself. You can find here:

  https://launchpad.net/memberdb