[Linux-aus] Kids and Conferences

John Dalton john at johndalton.info
Wed Dec 12 10:34:40 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Arjen Lentz <arjen at lentz.com.au> wrote:
>
> >  - scheduling: LCA2013 is in the first week of school in QLD and most
> other states. I'd have, for instance, brought Max (13yo) who loves rocketry
> and science stuff, but missing the first week of year 9 would be highly
> disruptive for him.
>
> Unfortunately, this was the only week that the venue was available for
> the conference. I'm a little surprised that you're bringing this up
> again, given we've discussed this at least once before.

It's a useful note to consider for future organisers. Likewise, while I
think that this announcement is fantastic, I've already made all of my
travel arrangements. I might be able to convince the family to come along
next year if I know far enough in advance that these facilities will be
available!

 J.

--
http://johndalton.info