[Linux-aus] Volunteer at LCA2013!

Rob Bolin Rob at unigon.tv
Mon Dec 10 22:06:59 EST 2012

Good evening everyone,

We are still looking for more volunteers to assist with LCA2013. At this stage
we probably only have enough to film about half of the theatres during the
conference and we would really like to film all sessions.  If you have been
looking for a way of giving back to the Linux community but can't code to save
your life (like yours truly), this is a excellent way to do so, and maybe get
inspired to try learning to contribute in other ways.  You will get to see
some fantastic talks (though you'll need to pay attention to the filming), get
to hang with some fabulous people and even get a limited edition conference
shirt or two (volunteers get a different coloured shirt from delegates) and
all it will cost you is a week or so of your holiday leave (at least if you
are local - visitors will also need to pay their accommodation).

If this sounds like a offer too good to refuse, please complete the volunteer
expression of interest form, which can be found at
https://lca2013.linux.org.au/about/volunteers

Cheers

Rob
Volunteer Coordinator

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012, Michael Still wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The most common question I've gotten recently is "how do I help out with
> LCA?", which is fantastic. One of the most tangible ways you can help is
> by volunteering -- volunteers are vital to the conference and there are
> heaps of things which need to be done including AV operations, directing
> traffic, and moving things.
>
> Even better, volunteers get free entrance to the conference, although it
> should be noted that we expect them to be helping run the event, and not
> attending sessions. We'll try very hard to get volunteers to sessions
> they're interested in, but we can't make guarantees.
>
> If that sounds like something you might be interested in, I encourage
> you to complete the volunteer expression of interest form, which we've
> cunningly hidden at https://lca2013.linux.org.au/about/volunteers
>
> Thanks,
> Mikal
>
> --
> Michael Still
> Director linux.conf.au 2013
> http://lca2013.linux.org.au
>
> Canberra 28 January 2013 to 2 February 2013

Vincit qui se se vincit
(He is the victor who is victorious over himself)